Written by Super User
Category: The Safety Directive (EU) 2016/798
Created: 14 February 2019
- It is foreseen that all applications for national and international safety certifications will have to be submitted to the ERA via its IT portal (One-Stop Shop -OSS) ;
- The ERA will be responsible for multi-country safety certifications (the single safety certificate) and could be responsible for single country safety certificates if the applicant choses so;
- The ERA can outsource the processing of the applications to individual experts via a pool of external experts (incl. those of NSAs);
- The ERA will charge fees & charges for the processing of the applications for safety certification following a pre-defined calculation method;
- In the case of a positive opinion, the ERA will grant the safety certification to the applicant and allocates a so-called EIN (European Identification Number).