Written by Super User
Category: The Interoperability Directive (EU) 2016/797
Created: 14 February 2019
The main changes in 2016/797 are summarised below:
- the Agency will issue vehicle authorisations and approve ERTMS trackside tender approvals;
- more details can be found in the chapter on the ERA Regulation.
- the cases for possible non-application of TSIs is reduced;
- TSIs should indicate when the upgrade and renewal of infrastructure and vehicles requires a new authorisation;
- the EC published a delegated act defining the Agency’s mandate and objectives for the forthcoming TSI revisions starting in September 2017.
- the role of RUs and IMs in the technical route compatibility processes via the register of infrastructure (‘RINF’) is re-defined.