Written by Super User
Category: The Interoperability Directive (EU) 2016/797
Created: 14 February 2019
- The NSA will issue vehicle authorisations for single country applications (single Member State only) when selected by the applicant;
- The NSAs remain responsible for the supervision of the railway actors at national level;
- For all other cases, the NSA role will be limited to the assessments for the defined area of use based on national rules (if any);
- The same system of cooperation between the Agency and the NSA also exists for ERTMS track-side approvals.;
- For this dual system to work, the ERA must have concluded a cooperation agreement with each NSA prior to their national implementation.
The future cooperation between NSAs and the ERA will require cooperation agreements to be signed, audit tools to be approved and NSAs to agree with the usage conditions of ERA’s application tool (OSS), the appeal processes and the fees & charges related to authorisations and approvals.