Written by Super User
Category: The Safety Directive (EU) 2016/798
Created: 29 November 2017
- The Safety Directive stipulates that the ERA and the NSAs take full responsibility for the certifications they issue;
- In the case of litigations related to a safety certification, the applicant shall refer its case to a so-called ‘Board of Appeal’ of the ERA;
- This body will be composed of experts which are appointed by the Management Board of the ERA (Member States/NSAs, EC, ERA);
- In the case of diverging views between the ERA, the NSAs and / or the applicant, the Board of Appeal shall provide an opinion;
- The ERA will charge fees & charges for the opinion of the Board of Appeal to the plaintiff.
⇒ The ERA Board of Appeal can overrule the opinion of a NSA and thus overrule national interests.
⇒ The Executive Director of the ERA can overrule the Appeal Body.
⇒ Disclaimer: The final text will be adopted early 2018