Written by Super User
Category: The Interoperability Directive (EU) 2016/797
Created: 30 November 2017
The main changes in 2016/797 are summarised below:
- the Agency will issue vehicle authorisation and approve ERTMS trackside tenders;
- more details can be found in the chapter on the ERA Regulation.
- the cases for possible non-application of TSIs is reduced;
- the EC published delegated acts defining the Agency’s mandate and objectives for the forthcoming TSI revisions starting in September 2017.
- the role of RUs and IMs in the technical route compatibility processes via the register of infrastructure (‘RINF’) is re-defined.